- Web-Browsers and Web-Communities Should Do More For Consent
I explore what web-browser vendors and web-communities can do to make consent practices better online.
- GPC + GDPR: will it work?
Global Privacy Controls (GPC) represents a signal to opt out of data sharing. Will it work with GDPR?
- The RISKY Project
Exploring privacy risks of technologies using knowledge graphs
- Questions about Self-Publishing
Questions I have investigating if self-publishing is a good and sustainable model
- What Every Postdoc Needs to Know - book notes
The book presents guidance on the postdoc life
- Student Project Ideas
Ideas for student to implement as projects
- SEMANTiCS 2019
SEMANTiCS 2019 conference in Karlsruhe, Germany
- How open should reviews be in CompSci?
A short collection of different review styles and their pros and cons
- How to speak so that people want to listen
Gist of a very handy TED talk for speaking
- A short guide to structuring academic presentations
based on a message I sent to a friend
- BOI Mobile - nothing fishy; needs better documentation
A mobile banking app that is under-documented, but not suspicious
- Whatsapp - sensibly private; but tainted by Facebook
Whatsapp holds up a reputation of being simple and sensible; the presence of Facebook makes it hard to swallo
- iOS 11 location-aware blue notification bar
iOS solidifies its privacy with location-aware notification bar
- Privacy Guard
An app study using Privacy Guard on Android